Many brands have started to focus their communication strategy on micro-influentials or key influencers. Paying an influencer depends on many factors. There are many reasons why they are proving to be a profitable investment for the brand and sales. In the case of micro-influencers, there are different ranges. These seem to be a good option for small and medium-sized companies that want to market influencers. We can infer that 90% of brands consider micro-influencers to be those with between 5,000 and 30,000 followers.
The world of influencers is in constant evolution, and their professionalization is taking giant steps. In the case of micro-influencers, they receive a greater number of offers of collaboration and are therefore increasingly willing to listen to the offers and provide relevant statistics and press kits to show and sell their profiles. What is there to consider?
There are different factors to consider when offering collaboration and payment to the influencer:
- The socio-economic level of the country in which you are going to collaborate. The incentive varies greatly, depending on the country in which you want to create the campaign. Two influencers with the same number of supporters from different countries can have very different fees. It is also important to understand that there are more advanced countries in terms of marketing influencers. In those countries, it is much more aggressive and competitive between brands.
- The product or service offered. Sometimes, if the branded product or expertise offered by the collaboration is sufficiently attractive, or has considerable economic value, the collaboration can be achieved without paying a fee. Many brands are interested in these micro-influenced options because the cost to the brand is less than the perceived incentive of the influencer (depending on the production costs of each sector and the profit margin).
- The expectations of the publication must be taken into account. Asking for a large number of very strict publications is not the same as asking for more flexible publications. The influencer tends to accept collaborations more readily if he or she feels that what is perceived is proportional to the work required. Story publications are usually more comfortable than simple ones. Another example might be that an influencer is more comfortable with a publication deadline rather than a defined date. The same is true for publications that do not require a prior review and that only receive guidelines for their communication.
How much to offer the micro-influencer?
As mentioned above, payment to an influencer can vary greatly. Prices for profiles of 5,000 to 30,000 followers can be around the following:
- A single post only: $90 – $390
- Instagram story: $45 – $165 (between 50% and 35% around the cost of the post)
- Set of posts and stories: $130 – $550
If, as a brand, you are able to offer an experience or product that surrounds those values, you can certainly negotiate a partnership without being paid. These may also be products or services of special interest to micro-influencers. With that kind of collaboration, they could potentially collaborate without charge. Publication packages (or, as we call them, the Packaged Brybes) for a specific action are always cheaper. There is also the possibility of an annual collaboration, which is a significant initial investment. However, it ensures you more publications for less cost and exclusivity in your sector. This would be to consider them as an ambassador of the brand.
How much do you offer a top influencer?
In these cases, it depends on the type of influencer, the industry, and the country they come from. There are some top influencers who are celebrities and have very high fees no matter what type of publication it is. Influencers with an audience of more than one million users often have a very low commitment. Influencers with less than 150K followers often have an average commitment of 3% which is considered good in most industries. Therefore, we consider working with influencers because they often have a very committed audience. This will give you better brand exposure to your target audience. At Brybe you can filter by engagement to find those influencers that have a good percentage.
Find out how much influencers can charge at Brybe
To have a better analysis of the influencers' profile and to evaluate the fees of each one of them, our influencer marketing search engine offers great convenience and reliability to the brands. On the one hand, you can find the most committed profiles in the category and location of the influencers you are looking for. On the other hand, it offers you a very complete report, with all kinds of metrics for your account and audience. In addition, you can get an estimate of the rate ranges in which this influencer is online, the relevance of the influencer, and his/her authenticity.
To see the average payout of an influencer, just look it up by using our website. Here you will see the cost of the content in a photo and video format. You can also see the average "likes" and comments for each type of content.